Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 28, 2012

Climbing Hydrangea

Rhody from a start from Grandma Charlie's garden

Rhody transplanted from Grandpa Agren's garden in 1973

Bearded iris from Emmy

Spanish lavender

Lavender and campanulas
I decided to start a blog to my garden throughout the seasons. It is now late spring and many things are blooming. Already past are the crocuses, daffodils, tulips and lilacs. But out now are pink peonies, azaleas, rhododendrons, daisies, poppies, campanulas, coral bells, climbing hydrangea, white dogwood,salvia, red hot pokers and columbines to name a few. I will attempt to take some photos and add them to the blog. Wow - after a brief walk around the garden I also found blooming Siberian iris, bearded iris, Hebe, Spanish lavender, calla lilies, spirea magic carpet. A hummingbird was visiting the red hot pokers - a favorite flower for hummers. Getting started and getting the photos uploaded has been more of a frustration than I had expected - but onward and upward - I will add more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment